Friday 13th- yesterday I got my stitches out and this is how it looks now. A week's worth of prayers and healing. She gave me prescriptions for antiseptic spray and restorative cream with spf 50. No swimming for a week and no sun for a year if I want the least amount of scarring.Now, let's go back and re-cap the week.
Saturday 7th- really a lazy day. Loafed all day, ate when hungry, mostly reading. Watched David's Achei win in the afternoon, 26-0, over the Mad Bulls. Tedy was chef for supper and made us delicious burgers. Should have taken a picture of master at work or at least the results, but alas, no.
Sunday- Mothers' Day. In the morning I cleaned up, read, and then played different games with all takers, Dobble Star Wars with Tedy, Mancala with Joanna. We took Ribsy for his walk and when we got to the playground I let them go there while I finished the walk, once again strolling through the street market. It was raining by the time I got them but we managed to pick some wild flowers on the way home for Mother. Tedy and I walked to the bakery for baguettes for lunch. The rest of the day was pretty low key.
It was a joy to watch my 2 little people become big people to another generation. We stayed away so long that Karen became concerned, because I have no means of communication when I'm out, and I now have a reputation for catastrophe that I need to live down. We went to the store for supper food. Charlie was gone to judo, so after the kids were in bed, Karen introduced me to Quixx, a dice game.
Monday- when I got up I learned that Karen had declared a 'no school' day as Tedy had been sick in the night and it was now too late to make the morning gate closure. Tedy and I played some SkipBo which became difficult as we were on the deck and the wind came up. When it was time to take Ribsy we decided we would take a picnic, so the kids went to the bakery for baguettes. I determined that a picnic and afternoon in the playground would be more fun without the dog so I took him for his walk while they were gone. When I got back, the sandwiches were made and we were ready to go. A stop at the fruit stand gave us a dessert and then we went on to the Park benches to enjoy the sun. After we'd eaten we moved to the playground and I found myself a nice shaded bench. The playground was deserted at this point so they played well together, including a water fight.
After a while, a little boy came in with his mother and was attracted to Tedy with his soccer ball. An older man had come by and thrown some tennis balls into the Park, so Tedy shared one with this boy. He was so enamored with Tedy that whenever he got a ball he would give it to Tedy, including one that he took from Joanna. It was funny to watch and she acted so insulted every time.
Another little toddler came in with his father, and I jokingly said to Joanna, "Oh, there, you can have a friend of your own. " He drove over on his motorbike (seen beside the bouncy thing) , and began to interact with them. She gave him a tennis ball and his father told him to toss it, which he did. Next thing, he and Joanna had become fast friends and were playing with the ball and he followed her everywhere. She put him on the various apparatus and played and played. He followed her on his bike when she rode the scooter round and round. She was having a great time, and I'm sure the parents were very happy to have their kids entertained.
It was a joy to watch my 2 little people become big people to another generation. We stayed away so long that Karen became concerned, because I have no means of communication when I'm out, and I now have a reputation for catastrophe that I need to live down. We went to the store for supper food. Charlie was gone to judo, so after the kids were in bed, Karen introduced me to Quixx, a dice game.Tuesday- I waited for Karen and we walked the dog together thinking we might stop at a little cafe we'd spotted, but being noonish it was packed, so we left that for another day.
Wednesday- kids were off to their Wed. Program escorted by Charlie. When he got back they were checking and discovered that he'd been accepted to SMU. We picked the kids up after lunch and decided that we would try for Joanna's sneakers again. I had no concerns(lesson learned) but they were very leery to turn me loose again and kept a close eye on me. 🙄 They spent some time in competition in the Lego store
We found sneakers and the guy even cleaned her current sneakers, and made a sale of cleaning stuff also. Then they went for Bubble Tea, which is a favourite stop for them. It may be a treat, but I thought it was rather costly, I think over 6 € per glass. Karen and I opted for espresso with ice cream and caramel sauce, on the deck. They took the opportunity to take a dip.
When we finished we found our way back to the car. Drove home, them K and I walked for groceries. Charlie was at Judo, kids did dishes and then we had a surprise pudding, supplied by grandma. After kids were in bed, K and I played Phase 10 which I was winning handily till Charlie got home and broke my streak. Then I lost by 2 phases.
When we finished we found our way back to the car. Drove home, them K and I walked for groceries. Charlie was at Judo, kids did dishes and then we had a surprise pudding, supplied by grandma. After kids were in bed, K and I played Phase 10 which I was winning handily till Charlie got home and broke my streak. Then I lost by 2 phases.Thursday- the big day has come...I'm getting my stitches out. We stopped on the way to get cash in case the doctor didn't take a card. She,
spoke English and was her own receptionist. She counted down as she took the stitches out. Only one was problematic, I think because it had bled for quite a while after it was in. So, life goes on.
spoke English and was her own receptionist. She counted down as she took the stitches out. Only one was problematic, I think because it had bled for quite a while after it was in. So, life goes on.Friday- Today I set out to take the dog for a walk and ended up exploring new territory. I walked the path toward CAP and then across a bridge, which took me to the airport. I've never visited anywhere that I could walk to the airport.
I walked down beside and under the bridge and ended up on a bike path that took me all the way past home, but on the other side of the river. I didn't find any way to cross back so I had to retrace my steps to get home, doing 7.35 km in total. Karen said, when I got back, that I had actually taken the route that went to David's former office, which would be by the rotary by the huge green space. I had walked along the path till about where it says Var in the river beside the green space.Anyway, I'm done for the day, although I'll probably go along to pick up the kids and do a grocery run.
Ciao for now.









Comments
Post a Comment