Happy Women's Day to all the great women in my life.
It's a holiday for us here, and so we got Friday and Saturday too, but a new experience for me is that we will have school on Sunday to make up for Friday. It's another one of those days where we gets tons of gifts from our students-boxes of chocolates, 3 red roses(always an odd number), 5 red tulips, 3 stems of orchids,

another shawl (this is my 4th different one since I came), a beautiful necklace of stones, and even a book (from a student with whom I discuss reading).
Yesterday was a half day and a staff party in the afternoon, but Liz and I went with Mr. Len to a school in Alexandrova, who was celebrating their 20th anniversary.
The program there was great. The students sang, recited, showed their English, German, and French, and even did ballroom dancing, which they learn in school also.
Then we had a luncheon with the staff, who also gave us each 5 yellow tulips. It was a wonderful day and a chance to see yet another town.
We've been back from Student Convention for only one week and at first I was lost without all the preparations we'd been consumed with for several weeks. It was a great week of seeing groups of talented young people from all around the region performing in all the areas of competition including several that we do not do at home. There was bead work, leather craft, swimming, and dance as well as skiing because it's a winter convention. It was capped off by a fun night complete with fireworks and releasing Chinese lanterns into the midnight sky.

I even got to have some fun on stage helping with some skits and passing out medals at awards ceremonies.
If you'd like to see more pictures you can view all the albums on 'International School of Tomorrow' Facebook page.
The resort was beautiful, even in the snow. It must be wonderful to stroll the paths among the trees in summer, too, and everyone enjoys the fresh air outside of Moscow.
Well, just 3 more weeks in this, the 3rd quarter. Spring is on the way. I'm typing this at 7:30 p.m. and it's still light. All's well with the world.
Guess I'll go and eat some supper and dip into the chocolates.
Blessings...and...Keep looking up.
It's a holiday for us here, and so we got Friday and Saturday too, but a new experience for me is that we will have school on Sunday to make up for Friday. It's another one of those days where we gets tons of gifts from our students-boxes of chocolates, 3 red roses(always an odd number), 5 red tulips, 3 stems of orchids,
Yesterday was a half day and a staff party in the afternoon, but Liz and I went with Mr. Len to a school in Alexandrova, who was celebrating their 20th anniversary.
The program there was great. The students sang, recited, showed their English, German, and French, and even did ballroom dancing, which they learn in school also.
Then we had a luncheon with the staff, who also gave us each 5 yellow tulips. It was a wonderful day and a chance to see yet another town.
We've been back from Student Convention for only one week and at first I was lost without all the preparations we'd been consumed with for several weeks. It was a great week of seeing groups of talented young people from all around the region performing in all the areas of competition including several that we do not do at home. There was bead work, leather craft, swimming, and dance as well as skiing because it's a winter convention. It was capped off by a fun night complete with fireworks and releasing Chinese lanterns into the midnight sky.

I even got to have some fun on stage helping with some skits and passing out medals at awards ceremonies.
If you'd like to see more pictures you can view all the albums on 'International School of Tomorrow' Facebook page.The resort was beautiful, even in the snow. It must be wonderful to stroll the paths among the trees in summer, too, and everyone enjoys the fresh air outside of Moscow.
Well, just 3 more weeks in this, the 3rd quarter. Spring is on the way. I'm typing this at 7:30 p.m. and it's still light. All's well with the world.
Guess I'll go and eat some supper and dip into the chocolates.
Blessings...and...Keep looking up.


Comments
Post a Comment