I'm really falling behind. I started this post last week and it got lost before I finished and I'm just getting back to it to start again. I'm feeling somewhat relieved, as I've just finished judging the 70+ entries in Creative Writing for Regional Student Convention. I've been at it for about 3 weeks. Now I have to compile our (3 judges) results for the winners.
This week I'm responsible for gathering all the forms for our school to take with us. We leave next Monday morning, Feb. 27th, for the week at a retreat facility outside Moscow. I'm looking forward to it. I love Student Convention, even though it is hectic.
We had another excursion outside the city. A couple of weeks ago, we traveled to Vladimir, another city of Russia. -[ Vladimir - a historical city in Russia , administrative center of Vladimir Oblast . Located primarily on the left bank of the river Klyazma 176 km east of Moscow . The ancient capital of North-Eastern Russia , one of the largest tourist attraction, part of the Golden Ring of Russia .Transport hub for the automobile ( M7 "Volga" ) and railway (Moscow - Nizhny Novgorod : Station Vladimir ) highways.
It was a very cold day, but I was thrilled to be able to walk amid such ancient history.
This time in Russia I have seen more outside Moscow than I did in either of the previous trips. The sights are wonderful, and that's even in the harshness of winter. So, thanks for coming along on another tour. Until next time, stay warm and keep looking up.
This week I'm responsible for gathering all the forms for our school to take with us. We leave next Monday morning, Feb. 27th, for the week at a retreat facility outside Moscow. I'm looking forward to it. I love Student Convention, even though it is hectic.
We had another excursion outside the city. A couple of weeks ago, we traveled to Vladimir, another city of Russia. -[ Vladimir - a historical city in Russia , administrative center of Vladimir Oblast . Located primarily on the left bank of the river Klyazma 176 km east of Moscow . The ancient capital of North-Eastern Russia , one of the largest tourist attraction, part of the Golden Ring of Russia .Transport hub for the automobile ( M7 "Volga" ) and railway (Moscow - Nizhny Novgorod : Station Vladimir ) highways.
The area of land the city limits - 124.59 km ² [1] . Population Census 2010 - 345 598 [2] person.]- Wikipedia There is some controversy as to the founding date-maybe 990, maybe 1108. Either way it is an ancient city.
We went to take part in the 20th Anniversary celebration of a school using School of Tomorrow curriculum. The school is a government school, but there are 180 of the 800 students who also take classes in the ACE (English) program. We had a very enjoyable time- getting interviewed,
bringing greetings,
and of course, eating great food.
After the celebrations, there was time to take a brief tour of the old part of the city and the famous "Assumption Cathedral- a venerated model for cathedrals all over Russia"
This time in Russia I have seen more outside Moscow than I did in either of the previous trips. The sights are wonderful, and that's even in the harshness of winter. So, thanks for coming along on another tour. Until next time, stay warm and keep looking up.






Comments
Post a Comment