Arrived at Winnipeg Airport mid-afternoon on Friday and after stopping for groceries we made our way to Pine Falls area. I can now say I live in the Canadian Shield. She showed me along the road where we crossed over from the prairies. It is a very noticeable difference in terrain.
This morning I took my walk along the Winnipeg River and watched a flock of geese congregating for their move south. Then after breakfast we toured St. Georges and Powerview-Pine Falls. I saw the huge dam that generates the power.
When we returned she started the whole process of orientation to where everything is and how things are done. My brain is overloaded but it will all fit into place on Monday when school is in operation.
The weather is fabulous today and hopefully will continue for a while. Most of the trees here have yellow leaves. I miss the red and orange.
Tomorrow I meet the congregation.
This morning I took my walk along the Winnipeg River and watched a flock of geese congregating for their move south. Then after breakfast we toured St. Georges and Powerview-Pine Falls. I saw the huge dam that generates the power.
When we returned she started the whole process of orientation to where everything is and how things are done. My brain is overloaded but it will all fit into place on Monday when school is in operation.
The weather is fabulous today and hopefully will continue for a while. Most of the trees here have yellow leaves. I miss the red and orange.
Tomorrow I meet the congregation.
I'm glad to hear things are good so far. Love you.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear things went well. I'll be watching for you on facebook. Enjoy your time there.
ReplyDeleteJean