Christ is Risen! He is risen indeed!!!
This was not like any other Good Friday for me. Although we’ve had church every night this week, it just didn’t feel like Good Friday. But regardless of how I feel, the facts are that Jesus came, died and rose again to redeem us and for that I am indescribably grateful and continue to tell Him so every day.
I’ve passed a very pleasant Holy Week. One day we went to the mountain and sang and prayed and several days I walked on the beach early and enjoyed the sunrise. One day, like good disciples, Judnel and I went fishing. On the way there, we went to visit a couple of my adult students and we sang and prayed in their house. I felt honoured that they asked me to do that. Judnel has taken me to visit in the homes of many of the friends from church. I am humbled by what they call ‘home’ and how they are so hospitable and ready to share what they have.
Of course, when you’re walking through the barrio you must stop and greet everyone and pass the time of day with them. They all know when you’re there and Judnel knows everyone. Thankfully I have him to keep me apprised of correct protocol.
Sunday morning he and I are going to sing a duet “Amazing Love” and maybe Sunday night some of my students will sing “Majesty” with me. I’m very proud of their progress. They, like me, love to sing so it’s a good tool for teaching.
Then on Monday we enter the final stretch, the last 10 weeks. I’m enjoying the lengthening of the days, although they will never get as many hours of daylight as we have in NS. Sunrise now is around 6 and it’s dark at night by 7:45. In the winter it was about 6:45 a.m. till 6:15 p.m.
This was not like any other Good Friday for me. Although we’ve had church every night this week, it just didn’t feel like Good Friday. But regardless of how I feel, the facts are that Jesus came, died and rose again to redeem us and for that I am indescribably grateful and continue to tell Him so every day.
I’ve passed a very pleasant Holy Week. One day we went to the mountain and sang and prayed and several days I walked on the beach early and enjoyed the sunrise. One day, like good disciples, Judnel and I went fishing. On the way there, we went to visit a couple of my adult students and we sang and prayed in their house. I felt honoured that they asked me to do that. Judnel has taken me to visit in the homes of many of the friends from church. I am humbled by what they call ‘home’ and how they are so hospitable and ready to share what they have.
Of course, when you’re walking through the barrio you must stop and greet everyone and pass the time of day with them. They all know when you’re there and Judnel knows everyone. Thankfully I have him to keep me apprised of correct protocol.
Sunday morning he and I are going to sing a duet “Amazing Love” and maybe Sunday night some of my students will sing “Majesty” with me. I’m very proud of their progress. They, like me, love to sing so it’s a good tool for teaching.
Then on Monday we enter the final stretch, the last 10 weeks. I’m enjoying the lengthening of the days, although they will never get as many hours of daylight as we have in NS. Sunrise now is around 6 and it’s dark at night by 7:45. In the winter it was about 6:45 a.m. till 6:15 p.m.
Comments
Post a Comment